Annual NGO project funding
Annual commitment to funding specific non-profit projects submitted
by Global Sustain's NGO members
At the end of each fiscal year, as part of our corporate responsibility policy, Global Sustain finances non-profit projects carried out by non-corporate members, with the aim of funding specific social, environmental or other needs in the citizen sector. To date, 16 charitable projects have been financed, through an electronic voting procedure and the opinion of a NGO Project Funding Committee. This policy is part of the company’s values and aims at promoting and supporting the work of its NGO members with social and environmental impact.
Transparent funding and voting procedure
The final choice of non-profit projects that are eventually chosen for funding is based on:
- Electronic voting poll results
- the opinion of NGO Project Funding Committee
- Project: Emergency program to meet the medical and humanitarian needs of vulnerable populations in the municipality of Athens
NGO: Doctors Without Borders - Greek Section
- Project: Protected Apartments Short Hospitality Creation for People With Disabilities
NGO: K.E.E.P.E.A. "Horizons"
- Project: Continuation of operation for the 2015 national human support line involved with cancer - 1069
NGO: The Benefit and Non -Profit Organization Cancer Friends " STAY STRONG "
- Project: Silver Alert
NGO: Life Line Hellas
Fiscal-year 2013 funding
- Project: Education and therapy through computer use
NGO: Hellenic Society for Disabled Children (ELEPAP)
- Project: Programme of Social Solidarity at Third Age
NGO: Psychogeriatric Association "Nestor"
Fiscal-year 2012 funding
- Project: We join forces for 60 children in danger. United we will make it!
NGO: The Smile of the Child
- Project: Sheltered housing
NGO: Association of Parents & Guardians People with Special Needs in prefecture Fthiotida
Fiscal-year 2011 funding
- Project: Family strengthening & counseling centre of Athens
NGO: SOS Children's Villages Greece
- Project: Action for psychosocial support for people with mental health problems due to the effects of the crisis
NGO: S.O.P.S.I. Patras - Association for Mental Health of Patras
Fiscal-year 2010 funding
- Project: Psychosocial support of cancer patients and their environment
NGO: Society of volunteers against cancer - AgaliaZO
- Project: "AROGI" guest house for orphaned and poor children with special needs in Menidi, Athens
NGO: AROGI - Charity union for social care issues
Fiscal-year 2009 funding
- NGO: "Floga" (which means "Flame" in Greek) - Greek Parents Association of Children with Cancer
- NGO: Lifeline Hellas
- NGO: The "Hadzipaterion" Rehabilitation Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy (R.C.C.C.P.) programme of the Social Work Foundation (S.W.F.)
Fiscal-year 2008 funding
- NGO: MOm/Hellenic Society for the Study and Protection of the Monk Seal
- NGO: "Social Solidarity"
Fiscal-year 2007 funding
- NGO: Two polyclincs of Médecins du Monde-Greece
- NGO: The Aegean Seed Bank by Archipelagos, Institute of Marine Conservation
- NGO: "The Smile of the Child"