Freedom Gate Greece
Member: NGO Free
67 Aristotelous Str., 10434 Athens, Greece
“Freedom Gate Greece” was founded in June of 2012 with the goal of fighting every form of social exclusion as well as promoting psychosocial support of vulnerable groups.
Our actions focus on the support of prisoners’ familial environment with special care to underage children of the family, on rehabilitation programs for juvenile offenders, on support programs for incarcerated parents and on research.
Having already developed connections with organisations such as Eurochips (European network for children with imprisoned parents) and Eurochild, which have great experience in similar initiatives, we have designed our interventions using evidence-based practices, adjusted to Greek reality.
Freedom Gate Greece is participating as a full partner in the European «IRISES» (International Roma Integration through Stakeholders Exchange of Successful practices) which is co-funded by the European Commission Fundamental Rights and Citizenship Programme. The “IRISES” program is carried out in cooperation with 7 other remarkably experienced European organizations and it is coordinated by the Italian organization “UISP: (Sport per Tutti Comitato Territoriale Ciriè Settimo Chivasso). Our contribution in this program is of particular interest and differs from the other organizations’ activities as we are the only organization which implements psychological support intervention at penitentiaries which are housing minors and young.
We are also participating in an Erasmus+ YOUTH IN ACTION programme titled “Alternative measures to prison for young people”.
Specifically, our activities concern :
- Psychosocial support of juvenile offenders
- Psychosocial support of the prisoners’ familial environment
- Support of the prisoners’ children
- Support programs for incarcerated mothers
- Psychosocial support of ex-prisoners
- Training for the correctional employees on issues concerning our target groups
- Conduction of research and elaboration of studies about relevant issue.
- Interventions with policy suggestions to public/state institutions
- Free psychosocial services to our target groups : relatives/companions/families/husbands and wives/children/parents