Alfa-Beta Vassilopoulos S.A. - Super Markets
Member of Delhaize Group
81, Spaton Avenue, GR-153 44 Gerakas, Athens, Greece
Reporting on AB Vassilopoulos' actions
AB Vassilopoulos at a glance
AB Vassilopoulos`' turnover for 2017 amounted to € 2,100 million, while in the last five years, the company has invested nearly 400 million in the development of its operating and production units. Today, the company works with 1,500 suppliers, 90% of whom are based in Greece and employs 14,132 employees (63.1% women, 36.9% men) with a 9.41 years average employment.
It should be noted that over the last 7 years (2012-2018), during the financial crisis:
- 1,504 recruitments on average over the year
- 444 new job positions on average per year
- 33 stores on average per year / 56 new stores (AB & Franchise) only in 2018
- € 75 million in investments on average per year / € 75 million only last year (2017)
AB yields approximately € 200 million on an annual basis to the Greek government (2010-2018) in income tax & other taxes, VAT, employers' contributions
AB Vassilopoulos` daily priority is to show actively its respect for the 2,000,000 customers who choose its store network for their daily shopping, leading the company to the top of its sector with their trust.
AB Vassilopoulos stands actively by people in need, implementing holistic initiatives. Only in the past two years the company has offered more than 1.418.515 meals worth more than 4.255.547 € due to its nutrition programs
At the same time, AB Vassilopoulos applies innovative actions, showcasing its` genuine concern for the environment, while enhancing pioneering Recycling practices.
- In the 1st year - the Environmental Education and Recycling Center visited 10 municipalities in Attica and welcomed 9,000 pupils while 15,271 packages were recycled
- The company has 70 Integrated Recycling Centers throughout its network, in which 3.3 million packages (aluminum, plastic & glass) were recycled in 2017 (16.3 tn)
Focusing on its people, as they reflect AB Vassilopoulos actual wealth, the company show its care throughout its operation. Therefore, in 2017, the company has provided 17.6 million euros in beneficiary programs for its employees, while 221,195 training hours were completed, with the active participation of employees Educational Programs and Seminars and 2.114 employees participated in the actions of the Health and Wellness program
At the same time, all the employers embrace the company`s actions. More than 9.000 employees participated in AB Volunteering day, offering to their neighborhoods.