Institute of Directors, India
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market), 110048 New Delhi, India
Institute Of Directors, India: Embrace Transparency to Transform Your Business
SEBI urges 'Directors' Evaluation to be made Public
New Delhi: The high speed internet and the widespread use of smartphones have greatly increased transparency in the business world.
Now, SEBI panel has proposed increased transparency in the processes for appointment and removal of Board of Directors. The panel has also said that companies should have better systems for evaluating the performance of directors and should periodically disclose how board members have performed.
This comes a month after SEBI issued detailed guidance note for listed companies on board evaluation, to educate the listed entities and their board of directors about various aspects involved in the board evaluation process and improve their overall performance as well as corporate governance standards to benefit all stakeholders.
Global economic uncertainty, increased regulatory burden, significant industry changes, business-model disruptions, and cyber security threats continue to remain major Board challenges. Also, despite increased scrutiny and demands from stakeholders, it has been observed that boards spend very little time on director education.
Over the years, Institute Of Directors (IOD), India has been debating on a number of boardroom issues, for promoting good Corporate Governance, Sustainability & Inclusive Growth.
Today, over 90% of the board seats are attained through networking. So, why not join the unique IOD platforms, where today's corporate board members are networking?
It has lined up a number of events for next couple of months which are as follows:
Event - 1 : 11th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility also presentation of Golden Peacock Awards for CSR & HR Excellence
- Dates : 20-21 January 2017 (Friday & Saturday)
- Venue : Hotel Lalit Ashok, Ball Room, Bengaluru (India)
- Theme : Embedding CSR in Corporate Strategy for Responsible Growth
- Theme Address by : Mrs. Rajashree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Centre for
- Community Initiatives and Rural Development, Aditya Birla Group (India)
- Keynote Address by : Dr. R. Seetharaman, Group Chief Executive Officer, Doha Bank (Qatar)
- Partners cum Sponsors : Principal Partner: Union Bank of India || Technical Partner: Fiinovation
- Silver Partners: GNFC, Sri SIIM Research Foundation|
- In Partnership with: Times Now, The Times Group
- Associate Partners: State Bank of Mysore, NMDC, KAVIKA, Karnataka State Coir Development, Corporation Ltd, Karnataka Silk Industries, Corporation Ltd KIS Group, Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board, Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Limited, Rise India, Karnataka Rural Infrastructure Development Ltd, Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Ltd|
- CSR Tech Partner: Nextgen
Event - 2 : Global Convention on Corporate Ethics & Risk Management also presentation of Golden Peacock Awards for Risk Management & Corporate Ethics
- Dates : 17-18 February 2017 (Friday & Saturday)
- Venue : Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai (India)
- Theme : Corporate Ethics & Risk Management in an Uncertain World
- Theme Address by : Mr. Phil Cotter, Managing Director, Thomson Reuters Risk Business (UK)
- Keynote Address by : Mr. Nowell Seaman, President, RIMS - The Risk Management Society (USA)
- Partners cum Sponsors : Principal Knowledge Partner: RIMS (US)
- Silver Partner: Thomson Reuters || Associate Partner: Bombay Stock Exchange
I am also happy to share with you the latest issue of 'Director Today', It has a number of articles, authored by thought leaders on 'Corporate Governance', Director and Board Development, Board Training, etc.
It also covers a Special Report on 'Evening Workshop on Smart Cities Mission - Accountancy Capacity Building' held in New Delhi (In association with ACCA and ICAI). India’s Smart City mission will need strong accountancy capacity building measures, for it’s success. A Knowledge & Research paper is also published. I am certain you will find a wealth of information, in this issue.
Enjoy driving your institutions/corporations ethically.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world”.............. Mahatma Gandhi
Manoj K. Raut
CEO & Director