People | Planet | Profit
35, Antiopis Street & 39, Ag. Dimitriou Avenue, GR-173 43, Agios Dimitrios, Athens, Greece
Global Sustain at The Sustainability Summit UK 2017
The Global Sustain is delighted to offer you a 20% discount to attend The Economist Events' forthcoming The Sustainability Summit 2017.
Over the past two centuries, global economic development has often come at the expense of our environment. Ice caps have melted, forests have been flattened, noxious fumes expelled and species wiped out, all in the name of a type of progress that threatens to be unsustainable. In late 2015 at COP21 in Paris govenments made bold commitments to limit climate change, but there is still much more to be done if their aims are to be delivered, and the election of Donald Trump has cast doubts on US Policy.
Our Sustainability Summit in March 2016 delivered an alarming prognosis: adapt or die. The 2017 event will be chaired by Daniel Franklin, Executive Editor, The Economist and Miranda Johnson, Environment Correspondent, The Economist. They will be joined by a distinguished group of speakers, who together will attempt to evaluate progress, while asking the crucial question: what does COP21 and the push for greater environmental sustainability mean for business?
HIGH LEVEL CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Usha Rao-Monari, Chief Executive Officer, Global Water Development Partners, Blackstone
- Paloma Durán, Director, Sustainable Development Goals Fund
- Dr Gunhild Stordalen, Co-founder, The Stordalen Foundation
- Philippe Joubert, Chair, Prince of Wales's Corporate Leaders Group
- Mark Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva
- Hal Harvey, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Innovation
Register now to hear policymakers and business leaders deliver strategies, ideas and solutions to help you turn challenges into new opportunities.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR GLOBAL SUSTAIN MEMBERS