Dentons Europe LLP
Markgrafenstraße 33, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Dentons soars in Bloomberg's 2017 EMEA Loans Legal Adviser rankings
Dentons has risen in Bloomberg's 2017 EMEA Loans Legal Adviser league tables, achieving several top-five rankings on both borrower and lender side mandates, rounding up a year in which Dentons advised on some of the most high profile syndicated loan transactions across the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
Dentons is ranked 3rd in the 'EMEA Loans: Legal Adviser – Lender' category by deal count having advised on a total of 45 deals in 2017, and has made a two-place jump from last year to rank 5th by volume.
For the 'MENA Borrower Loans: Legal Adviser – Lender' category, Dentons is ranked 4th by deal count having advised on nine deals in 2017, jumping five places from last year, and places 5th by deal volume.
The Firm also entered the top-10 rankings in 2017 in the 'EMEA Loans: Legal Adviser – Borrower' category for the first time.
Dentons' top deals in 2017 included:
- Advising Aprirose on the financing of its £525 million acquisition of QHotels in one of the UK's largest hotel transactions of the year;
- Advising UniCredit and MUFG on their coordination of a EUR 750 million revolving credit facility provided by a group of 13 banks to MOL Plc, the Hungarian multinational oil and gas company;
- Advising the agent and a syndicate of 46 banks on the US$1 billion syndicated term loan facility for The Standard Bank of South Africa;
- Advising Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe and a syndicate of 27 banks on a US$1.3 billion receivables-backed trade finance facility agreement for Ghana Cocoa Board; and
- Advising the agent and a syndicate of 39 banks on a US$542.6 million and €515.1 million dual currency term loan facility agreement for Akbank Türk Anonim Şirketi, a leading Turkish financial institution.
Paul Holland, Head of Dentons' UK Banking and Finance practice, said, "We are delighted to be recognised for our increasingly high level of activity in the syndicated loans space, having advised on some of the most high profile and geographically diverse deals in 2017. Our scale and continuing global expansion means that we are well placed to deal with a multitude of complex matters, ensuring that we meet all of our clients' needs."