Sustainability Insight for Emerging Markets
Webinar: Circular business models in the apparel sector by Innovation Forum
From: 21.03.2018 To: 21.03.2018 Share
Innovation Forum is hosting a complimentary webinar on the current state of circularity in the apparel industry. Through an hour’s interactive discussion with Stella McCartney, VF Corp and Circle Economy, we’ll discuss how brands can incorporate circular business models into their operations at scale.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 21st March at 3pm GMT / 10am EST.
2018 has been tipped to be the year sustainability goes mainstream within the apparel industry. Advances in tech innovation have opened up sustainable business models that deliver, not just on sustainability goals, but on the financial bottom line as well. These commercial drivers have led to many brands embarking on new models which have promoted circularity to the forefront.
This webinar will take the apparel sector as a case study. We’ll discuss what brands are currently doing and assess how close circularity is to gaining real traction.
We will discuss:
- Circularity is inching its way into the fashion industry, but how close is it to mainstream application?
- Is a circular business model realistic at the scale required for large apparel brands?
- How can the industry effectively work together to move away from a take-make-dispose model?
- Claire Bergkamp, head of sustainability and ethical trade, Stella McCartney
- Anna Maria Rugarli, senior director, sustainability and responsibility, EMEA, VF Corp
- Traci Kinden, project manager, circular textiles, Circle Economy
Hosted by Tobias Webb, founder, Innovation Forum
There will be a live Q+A throughout so you will have the opportunity to post your questions directly to the speakers.
You can register for the webinar here