Institute of Directors, India
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market), 110048 New Delhi, India
IOD INDIA: 20th World Congress on Environment Management & Climate Change
From: 06.07.2018 To: 07.07.2018 Share
20th World Congress ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT & CLIMATE CHANGE & Presentation of Golden Peacock Awards
India's growth rate has reached 7.7 percent and is now poised to take this economic growth rate to double -digits. Its really incredible. India continues to remain one of the fastest growing economy in the world.
However, the recent trends in 'Global Warming' are alarming. Antarctica ice is melting faster than ever. ‘Climate Change' is becoming a major life-threatening challenge of our time. The weather seems to be getting wilder and fiercer. From devastating hurricanes to raging wildfires, droughts, ruinous floods, extreme temperatures, high pollution levels and most importantly worst water crisis in its history. Now business risk from Climate Change has become a top priority, on every Board agenda.
Recently, India celebrated as the host nation for this year’s World Environment Day on 5th June 2018, focusing on the theme #BeatPlasticPollution. So what our Corporate Boards can play a role?
Shortly, some of the senior Government Policy Makers, leading business and thought leaders will be joining together in New Delhi, to discuss market solutions for green economy model, and also to indentify Board's role and responsibilities for Sustainability.
The Institute Of Directors (IOD), India is organising its annual ‘20th World Congress on Environment Management & Climate Change’, on 6-7 July 2018 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. The theme of this year's Convention is 'Transformational Leadership for Promoting Climate Resilient Economic Growth'. The famed Golden Peacock Awards will also be conferred on the winners amongst Indian business and industry.
Event: 20th World Congress on Environment Management & Climate Change
Dates: Friday, 6th July at 8 am - Saturday, 7th July 2018, 5pm
Venue: Hotel Le Meridien, Windsor Place, Janpath, New Delhi
Theme: Transformational Leadership for Promoting Climate Resilient Economic Growth
Convention Details : http://www.iodglobal.com
May I take this opportunity to invite you / your organisation to participate in the event. If you have already responded you may kindly ignore this.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Hon'ble Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Science & Technology, Earth Sciences, Govt. of India has been invited to inaugurate the Convention.
The Theme Address will be delivered by Shri C. K. Mishra IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India.
The Keynote Address will be delivered by Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt. of India.
The Industrial Strategy Address will be delivered by Dr. Aruna Sharma, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India
The Special Address will be delivered by Shri U. P. Singh IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, GoI
This year’s IOD Distinguished Fellowships will be conferred upon:
- Shri Anand Kumar IAS, Secretary, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India
- Dr. Arun Kumar Panda IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Micro. Small & Medium Enterprises, from the Government of India
- Smt. Rajashree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives & Rural Development, Aditya Birla Group
- Dr. Anoop Kumar Mittal, Chairman & MD, NBCC
- Dr. Mahesh Gupta, Chairman & MD, KENT RO Systems Ltd.
- Shri K. S. Popli, Chairman & MD, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA)
H.E. Nina Vaskunlahti, Ambassador of Finland to India, Embassy of Finland and H.E. Joanna Kempkers, High Commissioner of New Zealand to India, New Zealand High Commission will be the Guests of Honour.
Some of the other Distinguished Guests and Speakers, include :
1. Mr. Ovais Sarmad, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
2. Mr. Robert J. Garverick, Minister Counselor for Economic, Environment, Science and Technology Affairs, U.S. Embassy New Delhi
3. Mr. Simon Stolp, Lead- Energy Specialist, World Bank, South Asia
4. Mr. Manish Kumar IAS, MD & CEO, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
5. Mr. Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director, Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. (EESL)
6. Mr. R. Ramanan, Mission Director, ATAL Innovation Mission(AIM), Additional Secy - NitiAayog - Govt of India
7. Mr. Sandeep Jajodia, Chairman & MD, Monnet Group and President, ASSOCHAM
8. Mr. Vijay Karia, Chairman & Managing Director, Ravin Group of Companies
9. Mr. Vikram Kailas, Vice Chairman & MD, Mytrah Energy (India) Pvt. Ltd.
10. Dr. R. Seetharaman, Group CEO, Doha Bank, Qatar
11. Mr. Sunil Jain, CEO, Hero Future Energies Pvt. Ltd.
12. Lt. Gen. N. C. Marwah, PVSM, AVSM (retd), Member, National Disaster Management Authority, Govt of India
13. Mr. Hitesh Doshi, Chairman, Waaree Group
14. Mr. Bharat Salhotra, Vice President, Asia Pacific Region & Managing Director E-Bus, ALSTOM
15. Mr. S P Shukla, Member - Group Executive Board, Group President - Aerospace, Defence & Steel, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
16. Mr. R S Jalan, Managing Director, Gujarat Heavy Chemicals Limited
17. Mrs. Mohini Daljeet Singh, Chief Executive, Max India Foundation
18. Mr. Sudhir Shenoy, CEO, Dow Chemical International Private Ltd.
19. Mrs. Rashmi Urdhwareshe, Director, Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)
20. Mr. K. R. Raghunath, Managing Director, KIS Group, Singapore
21. Mr. Rajat Malhotra, COO, Integrated Facilities Management (West Asia), Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
22. Mr. Jaideep Mukherji, Chief Executive Officer, Smart Power India,
23. Prof. Colin Coulson-Thomas, President , Institute of Management Services, UK, ...et al.
Participating Organisations: Some of the leading participating organisations include Mahindra Research Valley | Indian Railways Organisation for Alternative Fuels | Reliance Industries | Tata Motors | Spicer India | The Ramco Cements | National Fertilizers | Hindustan Petroleum Corporation | NTPC | JK Tyre & Industries | RSWM (LNJ Bhilwara Group) | Maruti Suzuki India | UltraTech Cement | PI Industries | L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering | IREDA | IBM India | Wipro | NALCO | ONGC | Orient Paper | Cadila Healthcare | Lalitpur Power Generation Company (Bajaj Group) | Sembcorp Energy India | JSW Steel, Raymond UCO Denim | Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone | Mahle Filter Systems (India) | HeidelbergCement India | Gulbrandsen Chemicals | UPL Limited | Orient Electric | Bosch, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare | Mondelez India | GAIL (India) | Capacite Infra projects | Honeywell Technology Solutions | IOCL | Castrol India | Oil India | Cipla | Vidarbha Industries Power (Reliance Power) | Greenko Budhil Hydro Power | HERO Future Energies | Shapoorji Pallonji & Company | Nokia Solutions and Networks India, ..et al
Like previous years, we are expecting over 400 business participants at this year’s Congress, from all sectors and industries. TIMES NOW channel will cover the event and telecast it during the subsequent weekend.
Look forward to your participation in the event.