Institute of Directors, India
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market), 110048 New Delhi, India
IOD, India's annual 18th London Global Convention
From: 24.10.2018 To: 27.10.2018 Share
Just over 4 weeks away and we’re delighted to officially announce the conference agenda and distinguished speaker line-up for the Institute Of Directors, India's annual 18th London Global Convention, which is being held on 24 - 27 October 2018 in London. This year's theme is ‘Board’s Transformational Strategy for Building a Sustainability Paradigm'. The famed ‘Golden Peacock Awards’ for Leadership, ‘Corporate Governance’ and ‘Sustainability’ and IOD Distinguished Fellowships will also be conferred, at a special Awards function on 25th October, 2018.
With evolution of new technologies, a hailstorm of regulatory & management challenges, rising global economic uncertainties, today Boards are increasingly under pressure for good Corporate Governance and Sustainability. A large number of top leaders will be sharing their expertise and debating on a number of Boardroom issues for their Governance, Development, Sustainability & Inclusive Growth.
24 Oct : Global Business Meet & Dinner at House of Lords
25 & 26th Oct : Inaugural Session in the morning, day long Plenary Sessions, Golden Peacock Awards dinner at Hotel Montcalm Marble Arch
27 Oct : Visit to 'West London Business' and Business Meet
Convention Details: https://iodglobal.com/london-global-convention-2018.html
Last year Report: Click Here
This year again, it is a very high-level meet. Like last year, we are expecting over 400 business participants at this year’s Convention, from across sectors and industries. Principal Partner: Wadhawan Global Capital (WGC) | Principal Strategic Partner: ACCA | Gold Partners: World Gold Council, GHCL Ltd, Jeppiaar Engineering College, Apeejay Stya & Svran Group | Global Trade Partner: DMCC | Bronze Partner: ENOC | Associate Partners: AIMA, ICSI, ICAI , ICMAI , Trilegal..amongst others.
With so many business participants in attendance, this is arguably the best opportunity to network with some of the biggest names in the business, all under one roof, which has emerged as one of the most consequential and successful corporate management platform.
I have pleasure in inviting you and your organisation to participate in the above Convention. Registration is open for the Convention. IOD office, New Delhi will assist with all travel , Visa and logistics guidance needed, if any.
My apologies, If you have already responded or it's not relevant to you. You may kindly ignore this or forward to a person who would be interested.
The Rt. Hon. Lord Bates, Hon'ble Minister of State for International Development, Govt. of UK has kindly confirmed to address the Global Business Meet, at the House of Lords, UK Parliament.
The Inaugural Address will be delivered by Mr. Shailesh Vara MP, Hon'ble Minister of State for Northern Ireland, Govt. of United Kingdom.
The Guest of Honour at the specially organised Golden Peacock Awards felicitation ceremony, will be graced by Mr. Alok Sharma, MP, Hon'ble Minister of State for Employment, Department of Work and Pensions, Govt. of UK
This year the Golden Peacock Global Award for Lifetime Achievement in Corporate Governance will be conferred upon
•Judge (Prof.) Mervyn E. King SC, Internationally recognised expert on Corporate Governance & Sustainability, Chairman of the King Committee on Corporate Governance, and former Judge, Supreme Court of South Africa.
Previously the same was conferred upon the legend, Sir Adrian Cadbury in the year 2006
This year's 'IOD Distinguished Fellowships’ will be conferred upon
• Mr. Donald H. Brydon CBE, Chairman, London Stock Exchange Group and Sage Group, UK
• Sir Richard Stagg KCMG, Chairman, Rothschild India Pvt. Ltd., Former High Commissioner to India, Former Ambassador to Afghanistan & Bulgaria, UK.
Some of the Distinguished Guests & Speakers for the forthcoming Convention, include:
1. H.E. Dr. Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor, Group Chairman, Al Habtoor Group, UAE
2. H.E. Ahmed Bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, DMCC
3. The Rt. Hon. Lord Swraj Paul of Marylebone, PC, Founder & Chairman, The Caparo Group Plc., UK
4. H. E. Mr. Charanjit Singh IFS, Dy. High Commissioner of India to UK
5. Mr. David Cruickshank, Global Chairman, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd., UK
6. Ms. Ann Cairns, Vice Chairman, MasterCard
7. Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE DL, Chairman, Cobra Beer Partnership, UK
8. Ms. Shobana Kamineni, Executive Vice Chairperson, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
9. Mr. Michael Eckhart, Managing Director & Global Head of Environmental Finance and Sustainability, Citigroup, USA
10. Mr. Vijay Karia, Chairman & Managing Director, Ravin Group of Companies, India
11. Mr. Hari Sankaran, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd. (IL&FS), India
12. Mr. Kapil Wadhawan, Chairman, Wadhawan Global Capital (WGC), India
13. Dr. Tayeb A. Kamali, Director General, Education and Training Development, Ministry of Interior, Govt. of UAE
14. Mr. Gautam Sashittal, CEO, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
15. Mr. K. S. Popli, Chairman and Managing Director, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA)
16. Ms. Brahmani Nara, Executive Director - Heritage Foods and Trustee - NTR Memorial Trust, India
17. Ms. Helen Brand OBE, CEO, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK
18. Mr. Terry Heymann, Chief Financial Officer, World Gold Council, UK
19. Mr. Simon Jack, Business Editor, BBC- The British Broadcasting Corporation, UK
20. Dr. Ajay Dua, IAS (retd.) Sr. Independent Director, Dabur India Ltd., & Aviva Life Insurance Co. India Ltd. and former Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India
21. Mr. Koushik Chatterjee, Group Executive Director (Finance and Corporate) & Member of the Board, Tata Steel Group
22. Mr. Nikhil Rathi, Chief Executive Officer, London Stock Exchange plc
23. Dr. Santrupt. B. Misra, CEO, Carbon Black Business and Director, Group Human Resources, Aditya Birla Group
24. Mr. Kyle Whitehill, Chief Executive, Avanti Communications Group
25. Mr. Atul Arvind Temurnikar, Co-founder & Chairman, Global Indian International School Pte Ltd
26. Mr. Shailesh V. Haribhakti, FCA, Managing Partner, Haribhakti Group and Independent Director, Blue Star Ltd., L&T Finance Holding Ltd., ACC Ltd., Ambuja Cements Ltd., India
27. Mrs. Sushma Paul Berlia, Co-Promoter and President, Apeejay Stya & Svran Group, India
28. Mr. Iain Wright, Director of Corporate and Regional Engagement, ICAEW, Ex. MP, Minister and Chair of Business Committee, UK
29. Prof. (Dr) Andrew Kakabadse, Emeritus Professor of International Management Development, Cranfield University, School of Management, UK
30. Mr. Anthony B. M. Good, OBE, Chairman, Cox & Kings Limited
31. CS Makarand Lele, President, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
32. Mr. Manu Kapur, President & CEO - Textiles, GHCL Ltd
33. Ms. Sushma Rajagopalan, MD & CEO, ITC Infotech
34. Mr. Neil Stevenson, Managing Director, Global Implementation, International Integrated Reporting Council
35. Mr. James F. Reda, MD and Practice Leader, Executive Compensation, Gallagher HRCC, USA
...amongst many others.
The Baroness Verma, Global Chairperson, Advisory Council, Institute of Directors, India and Chairperson, European External Affairs Committee is the chairperson of the Convention.
Some of the participating leading organisations include Rolls-Royce Holdings plc (UK) | Dubai Customs (UAE) | Itron, Inc. (USA) | Emirates National Oil Company (UAE) | Nokia Corporation (Finland) | Knowledge Integration Services (Singapore) | Wärtsilä Corporation (Finland) | Genpact (USA) | Doha Bank (Qatar) | Marks & Spencer Group (UK) | SSE plc (UK) | British Orchard Nursery (UAE) | HeroMoto Corp | Tech Mahindra | Ashok Leyland | Maruti Suzuki | Shree Cement | Schneider Electric India | YES BANK | Godrej Consumer Products | HPCL | Reliance Industries | JSW Energy | NTPC | Grasim Industries | Delhi International Airport | Diageo India | Dell India | Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh | Minda Corporation | ACC | L&T Finance Holdings | HDFC | Rural Electrification Corporation | GAIL | Hexaware Technologies | TAKE Solutions | Bharat Petroleum Corporation | Cipla | Apollo Tyres | Ircon International | RSWM .
...amongst many others.
Look forward to hearing from you and also welcoming you at the Convention, in London.