Sustainability Insight for Emerging Markets
Innovation Forum: Are biofuels a sustainable - and scalable - solution?
From: 27.03.2019 To: 27.03.2019 Share
Innovation Forum would like to invite you to a complimentary webinar: Are biofuels a sustainable - and scalable - solution?
Join us for an hour of interactive discussion with United Airlines, SkyNRG, WBCSD and IINAS on how businesses are taking steps to mitigate their carbon footprint using biofuels.
Sign up here: https://bit.ly/2TOyJFo
The webinar will take place on 27th March from 14.00-15.00 GMT. If you can’t make the time, sign up anyway and we’ll send you a recording.
Companies worldwide use ships, planes, trains and trucks to move their goods (and people) around. The transportation sector is the biggest contributor to global energy-related CO2 emissions (around 28%), meaning there is much pressure on the industry to limit and reduce their carbon footprints.
This 60 minute webinar will discuss the sustainability of biofuels and who will be using them by 2025 and beyond. We’ll cover the key sustainability issues, debate the scale challenge, and look at how and whether biofuels will play a major role in carbon reduction for business.
We’ll also look at:
- Biofuels in Europe - the focus around sustainability, and cost
- Biofuels for transport: Importance for long-haul trucks, shipping and aviation
- Biogas and biomethane: Is this the future of transport fuels?
- Karlijn Arts, policy and sustainability manager, SkyNRG
- Uwe R. Fritsche, scientific director, IINAS (International Institute for Sustainability Analysis and Strategy)
- Gerard J. Ostheimer, senior advisor, below50, WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development)
- Aaron Robinson, senior manager – environmental strategy and sustainability, United Airlines
Moderated by: Toby Webb, founder, Innovation Forum
There will be a live Q&A throughout so you will have the opportunity to post your questions directly to the speakers.