Institute of Directors, India
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market), 110048 New Delhi, India
Board's Opportunities and Challenges | London Global Convention
From: 13.11.2019 To: 16.11.2019 Share
'Business-as-usual' is Broken Globally
Business Models are changing rapidly, New Business opportunities are arising
Challenging time ahead for Boards & Directors
There is also hunt for ESG
to improve creativity, resilience, performance & investments
India is emerging as a bright spot
as 'Country of the future' for Investments, India is opening for Global Partnerships
Learn from Global Experts, Corporate Leaders, Board Directors & Successful Entrepreneurs
a blend of business Insights and also explore BusinesPartnerships Collaborations
at the 19th Annual London Global Convention on November 13-16, 2019
A rare platform for rigorous thinking and global debate
New Delhi (India): Today, India under the dynamic & visionary leadership of Hon'ble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, we are steadfast in our pursuit to make India a 5 trillion dollar economy. Recently, Govt also took a historic bold move to cut Corporate Tax to 25.17 percent, paving the way for 'Ease of doing Business' and also to make India as most attractive destination for investments.
Economies and Businesses across the globe are grappling with changes in the global economic landscape. Our Govt is also taking a slew of reform measures to transform corporate governance and the economy. As the complexity of corporate governance grows, a mere compliance-oriented approach doesn't work At the same time, developing capabilities of directors to be future developers of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy has become significantly more challenging.
The Institute of Directors, India is organising its 19thAnnual '2019 London Global Convention', from November 13-16, 2019 in London. The theme for this year’s Convention is ‘Board’s Opportunities and Challenges for Corporate Governance and Sustainability’.
As before, it is a very high-level meet. Around 500 Business participants | 75 plus Distinguished Speakers | 250 Organisations, from around 20 countries are expected to join. Delegations from various Indian states are also expected to participate, as in earlier years.
The famed ‘Golden Peacock Awards’ for Leadership & Institutional ‘Corporate Governance’ and ‘Sustainability’ (both Global & National) for 2019 will also be presented during the Convention. It will begin with a Global Business Meet at the House of Lords (UK Parliament) on November 13.
Convention Name : '2019 London Global Convention & Global Business Meet'
Date & Venue: November 13-16, 2019 in London
Theme: Board’s Opportunities and Challenges for Corporate Governance and Sustainability
Register Online : Click Here
Last year Report: Click Here
This year the IOD, India's Distinguished Fellowships will be conferred upon
1. Sir David Clementi | Chairman, BBC - The British Broadcasting Corporation, UK
2. Ms. Helen Brand OBE | Chief Executive, ACCA, UK
The Rt. Hon. Alok Sharma MP | Cabinet Member & Secretary of State for International Development, Govt. of UK has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest.
Some of the other distinguished speakers, include:
1. Ms. Kelly Tolhurst MP | Minister for Small Business, Consumers and Corporate Responsibility), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Govt. of UK
2. Mr. Anand Kumar, IAS | Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India
3. Mr. Jagadish Shettar | Minister for Large & Medium Scale Industries, Govt. of Karnataka, India
4. Mr. Gopichand P. Hinduja | Co-Chairman, Hinduja Group, UK
5. Lord Karan Bilimoria CBE, DL | Founder & Chairman, Cobra Beer & Vice President, The Confederation of British Industry (CBI), UK
6. Lord Adair Turner | Sr. Fellow, Institute for New Economic Thinking, Sr. Fellow & Grantee, INET & Former Chairman, Financial Services Authority, UK
7. The Rt. Hon. Lord Swraj Paul of Marylebone, PC | Founder & Chairman, The Caparo Group Plc., UK
8. Mr. Philippe Espitalier-Noël | CEO & ED, Rogers and Company Limited; Board Director, Air Mauritius
9. Mr. M. Damodaran, IAS (Retd.) | former Chairman, SEBI-Securities and Exchange Board of India and Board Member on Multiple boards, India
10. Mr. Shailesh V. Haribhakti, FCA | Non-Executive Chairman, L&T Finance and Independent Director on the Boards of Bennett Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group), Ambuja Cements, ACC Cements, Mahindra Life Space Developers, Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Future Life Style Fashions Ltd., Group Chairman, DHC, India, Chairman, IOD India, Mumbai.
11. Mr. Vindi Banga | Partner, Clayton Dubilier& Rice; Chairman, Marie Curie; Sr. Independent Director, GlaxoSmithKline plc., UK
12. Mr. Paul George | Executive Director - Corporate Governance & Reporting, Financial Reporting Council (FRC), UK
13. Dr. R. Seetharaman | Group Chief Executive Officer, Doha Bank, Qatar
14. Alderman Professor Michael Mainelli | Sheriff Elect of the City of London, UK
15. Mr. Gaurav Gupta, IAS | Principal Secretary, Commerce & Industries, Govt. of Karnataka, India
16. Mr. Atul Temurnikar | Founder & Chairman, GIIS, Singapore
17. Dr. (Ms.) Nina Skorupska CBE | Chief Executive Officer, Renewable Energy Association, UK
18. Mr. Sunil Jain | Chief Executive Officer, Hero Future Energies Pvt. Ltd., India
19. Dr. Shailendra Chouksey | Whole-time Director, JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd, India
20. Ms. Feryal Ahmadi | Chief Operating Officer, DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre), UAE
21. Mr. Michael Lewis | Chief Executive Officer, E.ON UK plc
22. Mr. O. N. Singh | Chairman, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Ltd, India
23. Mr. K. Vijayan | CEO, Tamil Nadu Infrastructure Fund Management Corporation, India
24. Mr. James Stewart | Vice Chairman - Head of Brexit and Industrial Strategy, KPMG UK
25. Mr. Robert Kalff | Managing Director, J.P. Morgan, UK
26. Mr. Sadaf Sayeed | CEO, Muthoot Microfin Limited, India
27. Ms. Denise Wilson OBE | Chief Executive, The Hampton-Alexander Review, FTSE Women Leaders, UK
28. Mr. James F. Reda | Managing Director and Practice Leader, Executive Compensation, Gallagher HRCC, USA
29. Mr. Robin Watson | Chief Executive Officer, John Wood Group, UK
30. Mr. Paul Crewe | Executive Director & Chief Sustainability Officer, Anthesis Group, UK
31. Mr. Eugene Mayne | Founder and CEO, Tristar Holdings Ltd., UAE
32. Mr. Iain Wright | Director, Corporate & Regional Engagement, ICAEW, Ex. UK Minister & Chair of Business Committee
33. Mr. Khalil Saqer bin Gharib | Director, Dubai Customs, (PCFC), UAE
34. Mr. Ron Chandiramani | Group President, Al Midas International Group of Companies, UAE
35. Mr. Luke Manning | Head- Sustainability and Strategic Initiatives, Refinitiv, UK
36. Ms. Sandrine Roseberg | Partner, Heidrick& Struggles International, Inc., UK
37. Mr. Andrew Roscoe | Member of the Board, EgonZehnder, UK
38. Dr. (Ms.) Rohini Anand | SVP-Corporate Responsibility and Global Chief Diversity Officer, Sodexo, USA
39. Mr. Iain Anderson | Executive Chairman, Cicero Group, Non-Executive Director, Innovate Finance, UK ...................................... amongst many others.
The Baroness Verma | Global Chairperson, Advisory Council, Institute of Directors, India and Chairperson, European External Affairs Committee is the Chairperson of the Convention.
Some of the well performing organisations that are participating include Dell, Inc. (USA) | Evalueserve AG (Switzerland) | Chr. Hansen Holding A/S (Denmark) | OSRAM Licht AG (Germany) | ABB Limited (Switzerland) | Alstom SA (France) | Bombardier Inc. (Canada) | Dubai Customs (UAE) | Metso Corporation (Finland) | Cisco Systems, Inc. (USA) | Roads and Transport Authority (UAE) | Emirates National Oil Company (UAE) | Doha Bank (Qatar) | Tristar Group (UAE) | ONGC | WNS Global Services | Mahindra and Mahindra | Prism Johnson | Blue Star | Tata Capital | The Indian Hotels Company | Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance | Tata Consultancy Services | Oil India | HPCL | Asian Paints | Schneider Electric India | BPCL | Dr. Reddy's Laboratories | NTPC | AU Small Finance Bank | Muthoot Microfin | ANI Technologies (Ola Cabs) | Jindal Steel & Power | Phoenix Group, etc.
The Institute of Directors, India is a membership based apex national association of Corporate Directors in India. Currently It is associated with over 30,000 senior executives from Government, PSUs and Private organisations in India and abroad.
The Complete Report & Recommendations for Future Boards, could be viewed on Click Here.
IOD's 'Masterclass for Directors' leading to 'Certified Corporate Directorship' training programme has now reached Batch No. 248. IOD's trained Board Members | IOD Alumni (over 5000) can be seen on : https://iodglobal.com/previous-participants.html
The programmes are regularly conducted in most metro cities. The forthcoming schedule is as under:
Batch No. City Date**
248th New Delhi 27-29 September 2019**
249th Chennai 11-13 October 2019**
250th Kochi 17-19 October 2019**
251st Mumbai 01-03 November 2019**
252nd Pune 08-10 November 2019**
253rd Ahmedabad 22-24 November 2019**
254th Hyderabad 22-24 November 2019**
255th Bengaluru 22-24 November 2019**
GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARDS:
Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD), India have not only won wide acceptance among businesses & industry, but have achieved much recognition and patronage amongst peers both nationally and now globally. To create intra-sector competitiveness, Golden Peacock Awards are considered separately under various Business Sectors and Sub-Sectors. The Award winners are eligible to use the Golden Peacock Awards logo, with year, on all printed and promotional materials, which showcases to all its customers and suppliers the highest accolade received by the organization. The whole selection process is kept strictly confidential.
Currently, Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat is inviting applications, for the following annual Institutional Awards for the year 2019, from corporates/industries, including multinationals, SMEs, public, private and Government enterprises of India and abroad:
[CORPORATE ETHICS] [RISK MANAGEMENT] [INNOVATION MANAGEMENT]
National Awards Last Date for Submission of completed applications
2. Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management November 15, 2019