Sustainability Insight for Emerging Markets
Innovation Forum: Sustainable Apparel and Textiles Conference 2020
From: 28.04.2020 To: 29.04.2020 Share
UPDATE: 28TH - 29TH APRIL 2020 - VIRTUAL
Sustainable Apparel and Textiles Conference taking place on the 28th-29th April 2020.
Through focused and off-the-record discussion, this two-day conference will address how apparel brands can adapt practices to deliver on growing stakeholder expectations. We’ll equip delegates with the best practice and guidance to transform factories, engage consumers, drive circularity and reduce climate impacts across fashion and textile supply chains.
Agenda highlights include:
- Emerging trends and the future of (sustainable) fashion: C-suite executives discuss the latest sourcing trends and major opportunities in ethical fashion
- Reducing GHGs in the apparel sector: How companies can trace, measure and reduce emissions beyond scope 2
- Circular fashion: What does collaboration around circularity actually look like in practice? And how do you engage designers from the outset?
- Second-hand, repair, rental: The new and disruptive business models and how they will impact production and the retail environment
- Government intervention and incentives: What are policy makers planning to do about the industry’s climate and waste impacts
- Tackling fashion’s environmental footprint: The latest advances in water management, protection of forests and reduction of chemical discharge
- Working conditions, living wage and women empowerment: What real change has occurred and what are companies doing to ensure fair, safe and equal treatment of workers
- Evolving consumer demands and purpose driven communication: How to effectively - and genuinely - engage consumers in sustainable fashion
- Traceability and transparency: The latest innovations in supply chain mapping and visibility beyond tier 2
- Investor pressure: How far are investors truly engaging in sustainability, and what do they expect of brands?
We’ve already confirmed senior speakers from organisations such as Tommy Hilfiger/PVH, C&A, Hugo Boss, PEFC, Lenzing Group, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, Eileen Fisher, VF Corp, Fenix Outdoor Group, C&A Foundation and many more…
The first conference day is split into four tracks based on the key themes of: Social impact; Environmental performance; Factory engagement; Consumer trust and expectations. We strongly encourage delegates to join as a team to ensure you don’t miss anything across these tracks. Please get in touch for details on group discounts and feel free to share this with any interested colleagues.