Erithrou Stavrou 4 & Kifisias, Maroussi, GR-151 23 Athens, Greece
HYGEIA: Participating in the 4th Global LION-ESS Broadcast
The HYGEIA Hospital Endoscopic Sinus & Skull Base Surgery Center is taking part in the 4th LION-ESS Global Broadcast (Live International Otolaryngology Network – Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base Surgery) on Monday March 11, 2019.
Selected surgeries that will be performed from 9m to 6pm on March 11 will be broadcast live through the www.lion-web.org online platform.
A total of 8 international centers of excellence from 6 countries are participating in this year’s LION-ESS broadcast: Switzerland, USA, Spain, Italy, the UK and Greece. The procedures will be performed by 8 surgeons:
- Daniel Simmen – Hislanden Clinic, Zurich, Switzerland
- Jim Palmer – University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Riccardo Carrau and Daniel Prevedello – Wexner Medical Center Ohio State University, USA
- Manuel Bernal – Spekelsen Hospital Quiron University, Valencia, Spain
- Paolo Castelnuovo – University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
- Anshul Sama – The Spire Hospital, Nottingham, UK
- Christos Georgalas – HYGEIA Hospital, Athens, Greece
There will be a live link between the centers, with free-of-charge online access. Viewers will have the chance to interact directly with the centers (Q&A) via the two moderators, Ashok Rokade and Claire Langton – Hewer, who will be located in Utrecht.
As noted by the Director of the HYGEIA Hospital Endoscopic Paranasal Sinus & Skull Base Surgery, Mr Christos Georgalas, “We are proud to be representing Greece for yet another year in this global online seminar, which is in its fourth year running. The fact that our Department is among the 8 leading international centers worldwide proves that it is no just a clinical but also a training center of excellence, with international affiliations and visitors.”