A division of First Conferences Ltd.
Fashion Street 7-9, London E1 6PX, United Kingdom
Ethical Corporation: The long haul to getting aviation biofuel off the ground
The International Energy Agency estimates that aviation biofuel production was 15 million litres in 2018. To meet the 10% of consumption envisaged in sustainable development scenarios, production needs to reach 31 billion litres by 2030.
So how will it be possible to achieve the scale-up needed?
With the IPCC warning against growing crops for fuel, Angeli Mehta reports on how LanzaTech, SkyNRG and Velocys are trying to get the next generation of aviation biofuels to scale.
Other articles from this month’s Clean Transportation Briefing include:
- High hopes for hydrogen to get sustainable transport on track
- Flight shame movement and offsetting no match for rising passenger numbers
- How digital is easing the pain of public transport in Africa
We’ve just finished uploading the video sessions from last month’s Sustainability Reporting and Communications Summit. The videos can be accessed here
Some of the video sessions include:
- TCFD Investor Keynote: Accurately Disclosing Climate Risk – with Trucost, S&P Global and PGGM
- Case Studies: Innovative Engagement Campaigns – with Merck, Philips Benelux and Pernod Ricard
- Delivering a Mature and Standardised Approach to ESG Engagement – with MSCI
- ESG Data - What Should We Really Be Measuring? – with ACTIAM, DNB Bank, GRI and Abris Capital
And finally, next week we’re hosting a one-hour debate with senior executives at BT Group, GE Renewable, CISL and Climate Group outlining ideas and strategies on how business can take a leadership approach in helping deliver a Net-Zero future. Click here to be part of the webinar discussion (20 Nov, 12pm GMT).