Institute of Directors, India
M-56 A, Greater Kailash Part-II (Market), 110048 New Delhi, India
IOD India: The Boards Risk Resilient Strategies, 2020 Singapore Global Convention
From: 01.01.1970 To: 01.01.1970 Share
Board Leadership and Risk Management in an uncertain World
Risk Management is now at the critical Inflection Point.
Merely reacting to audit findings is proving less acceptable as the demands of good Corporate Governance grow.
Time has come to manage risk and promote resilience for survival.
Learn from Global Leaders & Board Directors and experts, and also explore Business Partnerships at the 2020 Singapore Global Convention on January 16th-18th 2020 in Singapore
New Delhi (India): Today, the Asian economies are poised to lead the next phase of growth in the world economy. Globally, all attention is now focused on Board Effectiveness for long term Sustainability. Embedding a robust Risk Management strategy will be vital for the company’s overall Governance | Strategy & Planning | Management | Reporting processes | Policies | Values & Culture. Ethics and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) have to go hand-in-hand, to ensure Sustainability.
The Institute of Directors (IOD), India is organizing the 3rd Annual Singapore Global Convention on Board Leadership & Risk Management from January 16th-18th, 2020 in Singapore. This year's theme is “The Board’s Risk Resilient Strategies”. The famed Golden Peacock Awards for 'Corporate Ethics', 'Risk Management' and 'Innovation Management' will also be presented during the convention.
This year's Convention will also feature a specially organised ‘Global Business Meet’, a Special Session at INSEAD Asia Campus and also a Study visit to NTU to witness, experience and watch a demonstration of Fully Autonomous & Fast Charge Electric Bus in Singapore, apart from Case Study Presentations by some of the well performing organisations.
It is a very high-level meet. Like last year, around 300 business participants are expected to attend, learn, share and to explore business partnerships & collaborations.
Convention Name: 2020 Singapore Global Convention on Board Leadership & Risk Management
Date: January 16th - 18th, 2020 (Thursday - Saturday)
Venue: Hotel InterContinental, 80 Middle Road, Bugis Junction, Singapore
Convention Details: Click Here
Register: Click Here
H.E. Mr Jawed Ashraf, IFS, India's High Commissioner to Singapore, has been invited to deliver the Inaugural address and Mr. Suresh Prabhu, Hon'ble MP, India's Sherpa to the G20 and former Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation to deliver the Keynote Address. Mr. Atul Temurnikar, Co-Founder and Chairman, GIIS Singapore is Chairman for the Region and Convention.
This year, IOD Distinguished Fellowship will be conferred on Mr. Peter Ong | Chairman, Enterprise Singapore and Board Member, Monetary Authority of Singapore.
(Ms.) Jenny Gu FCCA, President, ACCA and CEO, Richemont, China will deliver the Theme Address.
Some of the distinguished speakers who have already confirmed include:
- H.E. Karan Singh Thakral | Ambassador of Singapore to Denmark, Govt. of Singapore & Executive Director, Thakral Group of Companies, Singapore
- Mr. Arijit Basu | Managing Director-Commercial Clients Group & IT, State Bank of India
- Mr. Shailesh Haribhakti FCA | Board Chairman, Audit Committee Chair and Independent Director on multiple Boards in India & Chairman, Baker Tilly DHC Private Limited, India
- Mr. D. Shivakumar | Group Executive President - Corporate Strategy and Business, Aditya Birla Group, India
- Mr. Krishnamurthy Vijayan | CEO, Tamil Nadu Infrastructure Fund Management Corporation Limited., India
- Mr. O. N. Singh | Chairman, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited, India
- Mr. Martin Kimmig | Chief Risk Officer, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank ( AIIB), China
- Prof. Anil Gaba | Professor of Decision Sciences, The Orpar Chaired Professor of Risk Management, Academic Director, Center for Decision Making and Risk Analysis, INSEAD, Singapore
- Prof. Lawrence LOH | Director, Centre for Governance, Institutions & Organisations, NUS Business School, National University of Singapore
- Mr. Ong Boon Hwee | Chief Executive Officer, Stewardship Asia Centre, Singapore
- Mr. K. V. Rao | Resident Director - ASEAN, TATA Sons, Singapore
- Mr. Vivek Kumar | Assistant Director-General of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) & Board Member, Enterprise Singapore
- Mr. LANG Tao Yih Arthur | Chief Executive Officer-International, Singtel, Singapore
- Mr. Jagdish Chandra Laddha | Managing Director, Century Textiles and Industries Limited, India
- Mr. Prasoon Mukherjee | Chairman and Founder, Universal Success Enterprises & Vice Chairman, Singapore India Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Mr. Ashank Desai | Founder & former Chairman, Mastek Limited
- Mr. Bahren Shaari | Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Singapore
- Mr. Ravi Velloor | Associate Editor, The Straits Times
- Ms. Soo Yee Leong | Executive Committee Member & Lead Market Director, ACCA Singapore
- Mr. Amar Gill | Managing Director and Head- Investment Stewardship (APAC), Black Rock, Hong Kong
- Mr. Umesh Revankar | Managing Director & CEO, Shriram Transport Finance Limited, India
- Mr. Girish Ramachandran | President, TCS Asia Pacific
- Mr. Michael Harrington | Managing Director, Mintz Group, India
- Mr. Sreeram Iyer | Chief Operating Officer, ANZ BANK, Singapore
- Mr. Graham D. Brown | Author, Podcast Host and Entrepreneur, Singapore..... et al.
Some of the participating organisations include Central Public Works Department of India | Blue Star | Dell India | Blue Dart | Ashok Leyland | AU Small Finance Bank | IIFL Finance | Ircon International | Magma HDI General Insurance | Max Bupa Health Insurance | Wipro | Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) | Lalitpur Power Generation Company | WNS | JCB India | Society of Integrated Coastal Management (Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Govt. of India) | Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HPCL) | Reliance Industries | Natco Pharma | Modern Coach Factory (Indian Railways), Muthoot Capital Services, SeaTec (Singapore) ..... et al.
On earlier occasions these annual Conventions in Singapore have been addressed by some of the leading industry leaders, including Mr. Peter Seah Lim Huat, Chairman, DBS Group Holdings Ltd, Mr. KWA Chong Seng, Chairman, Singapore Exchange Ltd., Chairman, ST Engineering, Dy. Chairman, Public Service Commission, Singapore, Ms. Chua Sock Koong, Group Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd. (Singtel).. et al.
Last month, the Institute of Directors (IOD), India organised its 19th annual London Global Convention on 'Corporate Governance & Sustainability' in London (UK) on November 13th - 16th, 2019. The Convention was preceded by a 'Global Business Meet' at the 'House of Lords' - UK Parliament.
The theme of this year's Annual Convention was: 'Board's Opportunities and Challenges for Corporate Governance and Sustainability'. The famed Golden Peacock Awards for 'Corporate Governance' & 'Sustainability' (both National & Global) and Leadership were also presented to the winners amongst business and industry during the convention.
ACCA was the Principal Strategic Partner and Platinum Partners were - Tea Board of India, Oil India & Tristar (UAE) and Gold Partners were - World Gold Council, State Bank of India, Muthoot Microfin & Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. DMCC was the Global Trade Partner.
This year, the convention was represented by three leading states of India - Karnataka | Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.
The Global Convention was attended by eminent experts, leading industrialists & well-known speakers from India and around the world. Delegates from 26 countries from around the globe participated, including USA, UK, Denmark, Costa Rica, Nepal, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Maldives, UAE, Austria, Germany, Israel, Yemen, Canada, France, Switzerland, Argentina, Mauritius, Belgium, France, Qatar, Singapore, Ukraine, Netherlands, Oman and India.
Some of the distinguished business leaders and guests who graced the occasion included Sir David Clementi, Chairman, BBC | Mr. Gopichand P. Hinduja, Co-Chairman, Hinduja Group, UK | Mr. R. Madhavan, Chairman & Managing Director, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, India | Ms. Shallu Jindal, Chairperson, JSPL Foundation, and Director on the Board, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, India | Mr. Sandip Somany, President, FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) & Vice Chairman & Managing Director, HSIL Limited (India) | The Rt. Hon. Lord Swraj Paul of Marylebone, PC, Founder & Chairman, The Caparo Group Plc | Dr. Tayeb Kamali, Chairman, IOD India, UAE Chapter, Director General, Education and Training Development, Ministry of Interior, UAE | Mr. Eugene Mayne, Founder and Group Chief Executive Officer, Tristar Group, UAE | Ms. Helen Brand OBE, Chief Executive, ACCA, UK | Dr. Rajesh Rajora, IAS, Principal Secretary- Industries, Govt. of MP, India | Mr. Vir Advani, Vice Chairman and MD, Blue Star, India | Mr. Rohit Misra, Managing Director, Starkey Labs, US | Ms. Feryal Ahmadi, Chief Operating Officer, DMCC..... et al.
The Baroness Verma was the Chairperson of the Convention. During the Convention, IOD also signed MoUs with University of Westminster and also with REA - The Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology, UK.
The Complete Report could be seen on CLICK HERE
IOD's 'Masterclass for Directors' leading to 'Certified Corporate Directorship' training programme has now reached Batch No. 257. IOD's trained Board Members | IOD Alumni (over 6000) can be seen on : https://iodglobal.com/previous-participants.html The programmes are regularly conducted in most metro cities. The forthcoming schedule is as under:
Institute of Directors, India is one of the Partners with IICA, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt of India, for Advocacy, Research & Case Studies, Capacity Building and also in developing the Databank of Independent Directors. Please visit and follow the procedure on https://www.independentdirectorsdatabank.in/partners
GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARDS:
Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors (IOD), India have not only won wide acceptance among businesses & industry, but have achieved much recognition and patronage amongst peers both nationally and now globally. To create intra-sector competitiveness, Golden Peacock Awards are considered separately under various Business Sectors and Sub-Sectors. The Award winners are eligible to use the Golden Peacock Awards logo, with year, on all printed and promotional materials, which showcases to all its customers and suppliers the highest accolade received by the organization. The whole selection process is kept strictly confidential.
Currently, Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat is inviting applications, for the following annual Institutional Awards for the year 2019, from corporates/industries, including multinationals, SMEs, public, private and Government enterprises of India and abroad:
Global Award Last Date for Submission
The Guidelines-cum-Application Form for these Awards can be downloaded from www.goldenpeacockaward.com. In case, you are unable to download any of these, please email us at email@example.com, for emailing the same to you.
I am sharing with you the latest issue of 'Director Today'. It has a number of articles, authored by thought leaders on 'Corporate Governance', Director and Board Development, Board Training, etc. We are confident you will find a wealth of information in this issue.
- View & Read online issue of 'Director Today' - December 2019 issue.
- View: New IOD MEMBERS during the Month.
- View: IOD's DISTINGUISHED FELLOWS.
- View: New IOD TRAINED DIRECTORS during the Month under Masterclass for Directors.
- View the SCHEDULE of forthcoming Masterclass for Directors - Now join for 257 th Batch.
- View: IOD HANDBOOKS, available for Directors (Now ORDER ONLINE on AMAZON).
- View: Are you looking for Independent Directors? Online portal for BOARD LEVEL APPOINTMENTS
- View: IOD's Board Research & Advisory Services for BOARD EVALUATION and Corporate Governance Compliance.
- View & Read Spotlight on MSMEs.
- View: GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARDS Results announcement for Individual Leaders.
- View: GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARDS Results announcement for Institutional Leaders.
- View: Winners' Digest: Case Studies of Excellence (ORDER ONLINE)
- View: NOT yet a MEMBER of IOD, India? Join Today and enjoy the exclusive benefits.
If you want to work on the future of Corporate Governance and also to bring about a silent revolution in the functioning of the Boardroom, please join us in our Mission.