Member: Society Free
We are the voice of the Responsible Finance industry
Unit 5 Angel Gate, 320 – 326 City Road, EC1V 2PT London, United Kingdom
Responsible Finance: Webinar - Duties of Non-Executive Directors as Company Directors
Topic: Duties of Non-Executive Directors as Company Directors
Description: Essentially the role of a Non-Executive Director (NED) is to provide independent and constructive challenge while supporting the management team in achieving the corporate mission and strategic objectives.
This webinar will look at the statutory obligations of NEDs as company directors but will also touch on the wider context within which these sit.
The webinar will cover:
- The difference and commonalities of executive directors and NEDs;
- Due diligence that a prospective NED should do on the organisation that they’re joining;
- The duties and responsibilities of a director under the Companies Act 2006;
- Potential liabilities and insurance/ indemnity;
- The relationship between the Board & management team;
- What is delegation and how the Board can do this well.
Peter Parker, Partner at Wrigleys Solicitors LLP has developed and will deliver the webinar.
Peter has considerable experience in advising various not-for-profit organisations on social finance, financial services regulation and financial promotions (he is authorised by the FCA to approve financial promotions) and structural transactions. This is being supported by the Connect Fund.
Time: Feb 5, 2020 12:00 PM in London