KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 153 countries and territories and have 207 000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Our aim is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets. All member firms follow the same values and philosophy that secure high quality services while adding value to the clients.
Outstanding Position in the Greek Market
Operating in Greece for more than 40 years, KPMG offers audit, tax, legal, advisory and bookkeeping services to domestic and international businesses in Greece and abroad. Operating in Athens and Thessaloniki, KPMG employs over 500 high caliber professionals, most of who hold post-graduate degrees and possess significant, specialized expertise.
With sustained growth and ambitious expansion plans for the coming years, KPMG continues to maintain its leading position in the Greek market.
The services offered by KPMG in Greece fall under the following major categories:
- Financial Statement Audit: KPMG provides independent audit services that will help to enhance the reliability and credibility of the financial reporting undertaken by client organizations
- Regulatory Audit: KPMG assists clients to fulfill a range of compliance obligations by conducting independent audits and reviews of financial information and other data, for example with respect to custodian services, money laundering compliance etc.
- Audit Related Services: KPMG performs reviews of financial statements (ISRE 2400 and 2410) expressing a limited assurance opinion on financial information and agreed-upon procedures (ISRE 4400) which are procedures agreed between an entity and a third party to produce factual findings about financial information or operational processes
- Guidance and Assistance with the Compilation of Financial Statements: KPMG assists with complex financial reporting and accounting challenges as well as advising on the introduction and interpretation of new and existing accounting standards
- Secondments of Expert Personnel: KPMG seconds professionals with appropriate accounting and finance skills to work within clients
- Strategic Financial Management: Business Strategy, Business Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, CFO Support, Accounting Advisory Services
- Business Performance Services: Business Process Improvement, Performance Management and Metrics, Cost Management, Change Management, Quality Systems
- Risk Management: Internal Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Financial Risk Management, IT Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management, Project & Quality Management, Climate Change and Sustainability
- IT Advisory: IT Strategy and Performance, IT Sourcing, IT Project/Program Management, ERP Controls Integration, Information Protection and Business Resilience, IT Internal Audit, IT Attestation, Business Intelligence, IT Architecture, Information Risk Management
- People Services: Executive Search and Selection, Performance & Reward Management, People Systems & Procedures, Compensation Services/Surveys, Training, Leadership Development
- Corporate Finance: Valuations & Appraisals, Mergers & Acquisitions, Project Finance, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs), Transaction Services, Due Diligence, Financing Advice, Corporate Restructuring
- Restructuring: Operational Restructuring, Strategic Cash Generation, Turnaround Planning and Implementation, Corporate Financial Restructuring, Financial Strategy Change, Lender Advisory, Distress Crisis Management
- Transaction Services: Due Diligence, Pre-Deal Evaluation, Vendor Due Diligence, Transaction Structuring
- Research and advice on the tax treatment of specific transactions
- Advice on tax minimization for new transactions, mergers, conversions or other restructuring
- Advice on tax implications of cross-border transactions and investments abroad
- Advice and assistance with transfer pricing and avoidance of double taxation
- Review of agreements/contracts from a tax point of view
- Identifying tax provisions which are incompatible with EU Law or with double tax treaties in order to reduce the tax obligations and to request tax refunds
- Examination of executive payment schemes and of personal tax issues in general
- Tax compliance services (review or preparation of tax returns for individuals and corporations)
- Tax diagnostic reviews
- Overall examination of tax implications arising from establishing abroad
- Tax planning in relation to utilization of foreign tax credits
- Advisory services in relation to major tax issues which arise in the course of cross border payment or receipt of fees, royalties, interests and dividends in light of double tax treaties and European Tax Law
- Support during tax audits
- Support in tax litigation
- Tax planning and compliance services in relation to Real Estate
- Advisory and compliance services in relation to indirect tax (stamp duty, VAT etc.)
CPA Law is the independent member firm of the KPMG network in Greece and works close together with KPMG’s experts in Greece. The Lawyers of CPA Law as part of multi-disciplinary teams together with KPMG’s experts in Greece are committed to offering comprehensive and business-oriented solutions in complex issues, making our cross-functional teams a trusted choice for our clients.
The accounting services provide a wide range of services adjusted to the demands of large, small and medium size enterprises.
More specifically, they include the following:
- Bookkeeping services
- Accounting supervision services
- Preparation of management accounts and reports.
- Preparation of periodic and summary tax returns
- Payroll outsourcing services
- Preparation and submission of any kind of returns to social security funds and labor authorities
- Provision of advice in accounting issues
- Training of employees of accounting departments
- Provision of loaned staff at all levels for covering temporary needs of accounting departments
- Assistance during the establishment and winding up of a company