Recently published: 'The Central Loans Committee and Organisation for the Financing of Economic Development: The Archives'

The volume "The Central Loans Committee and Organisation for the Financing of Economic Development: The Archives" with texts and a study by Christina Leventakou is now available; the book constitutes the result of the study of the corresponding archival series deposited with the PIOP’s Historical Archives.

The Central Loan Committee (CLC) functioned between the years 1949-1954, while, following its dissolution and up to 1964, it was replaced by the Economic Development Financing Organisation (EDFO).

The establishment of the two agencies is related to Greece’s post-war economic situation and to the agreements between the Hellenic State and the United States of America regarding the application of American economic aid in the form of long-term loans to Greek firms of the private sector.

The Foundation’s publications are available from all bookshops.

Central distribution: The "Katarti" Bookshop, 9, Mavromichali Street, GR-106 79 Athens, tel.: +30 210 360 1271 and +30 210 360 4793.

 

<BACK