Member: Society Premium
1, Koumbari Street, GR-106 74 Athens, Greece
Benaki Museum: Virtual International Conference and Workshops: The CoMuseum
On December 2-4, the Benaki Museum, the U.S. Embassy in Greece and the British Council will present the 10th International CoMuseum Conference. The event will be held digitally due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference is organized in collaboration with the Goethe-Institut Athen and the Ambassade de France/Institut Français de Grèce, and is under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture and Sports, the Municipality of Athens, and the Municipality of Thessaloniki. The CoMuseum is supported by Uni Systems as a Strategic Sponsor, and Microsoft as a Major Sponsor.
During the tenth installment of this annual conference, professionals from international museums and cultural organizations, artists, civil society representatives, educators, and academics will examine: leadership in museums and cultural organizations during these challenging times; the social impact of museums with regard to their communities, human rights, and social justice; the ongoing digital transformation in the cultural sector; and the “greening” of museums, in consideration of environmental health, as well as the wellness of museum visitors and staff.
The conference will feature global experts and cultural leaders from around the world who will share their knowledge and experience through a series of presentations and discussions. A list of featured speakers follows below.
On December 3 and 4, the CoMuseum will present a series of virtual workshops and masterclasses for museum and cultural professionals.
The working language for the Conference and all related activities will be English. On December 2, select presentations will be subtitled in Greek.
Registration opens on November 18 at the Co Museum webpage (http://thecomuseum.org) and will remain open through November 30. Registration for the workshops and masterclasses will be available from November 18 through November 25. Registration is required for all events.
Participation in the 2020 CoMuseum International Conference is admission-free, with the kind support of Uni Systems.
Lina Mendoni, Minister of Culture and Sports, will open the Conference.
Featured speakers include:
- Alexandra Bounia, Professor of Museology, Department of Cultural Technology and Communication, University of the Aegean (GR)
- Elisha Buttler, Audience Engagement Manager, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) (AU)
- Leigh Cartwright, Front of House Manager, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) (AU)
- Dr. Spencer R. Crew, Interim Director, National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC), Smithsonian Institution (U.S.)
- Catherine Devine, Microsoft Worldwide Education, Head of Business Strategy, Libraries and Museums (U.S.)
- Dr. Tom Fleming, Director, Tom Fleming Creative Consultancy | Expert on Creative Economy, Cultural and Arts Policy (UK)
- Lori Fogarty, Director and CEO, Oakland Museum of California (U.S.)
- Dominique de Font-Reaulx, Chief Curator and Director of Programmes and Cultural Mediation, Musée du Louvre (FR)
- Fleurette P. Karadontis, President of the Board, Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation (GR)
- Maïté Labat, Head of Digital & Audiovisual Department, Musée du Louvre (FR)
- Professor Guillaume Lecointre, Scientific Advisor of the Director, Musée National d'Histoire Naturelle | Head of the Department of Systematics and Evolution (FR)
- Chris Lee, Chief Marketing Officer, National Gallery Singapore (SG)
- Kassandra Marinopoulou, President and CEO, Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens (GR)
- Donna McColm, Acting Assistant Director, Curatorial and Audience Engagement, National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) (AU)
- Nick Merriman, Chief Executive, Horniman Museum and Gardens (UK)
- Elizabeth Merritt, Vice President, Strategic Foresight, and Founding Director, Center for the Future of Museums, American Alliance of Museums (U.S.)
- Zoe Metaxiotou, Head of Systems Sector, IT Department, Benaki Museum (GR)
- Amy Porteous, Producer, Creative Programmes, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (UK)
- Kristin Prestegaard, Chief Engagement Officer, Minneapolis Institute of Art (U.S.)
- Adam Reed Rozan, Director of Audience Engagement, National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution | CoMuseum International Advisory Committee (U.S.
- Anna Sailer, Deputy Director, Museum für Moderne Kunst (DE)
- Iphigenia Taxopoulou, General Secretary, mitos21 | Julie’s Bicycle Associate (GR)
- Thalia Tsalkitzi, Department Manager, Solutions in Culture, Unisystems S.A. (GR)
- Prodromos Tsiavos, Head of Digital and Innovation, Onassis Foundation (GR)
- Jenny White, Head of Visual Arts Programme, British Council, FRSA (Fellowship of the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) (UK)
- Nicholas Yatromanolakis, General Secretary for Contemporary Culture, Ministry of Culture and Sports (GR)
- Maria Zambeti, Social Media Manager, Metropolitan Organization of Museums of Visual Arts (MoMus) (GR)
For more information contact email@example.com. To register for the conference visit: https://thecomuseum.org
Article and photo source: Press Release / Newsletter