Novartis Hellas SACI
12th km National Road Athens-Lamia, Metamorfosi, 144 51 Athens, Greece
Novartis releases 2016 Corporate Responsibility Performance Report
Novartis has published its Corporate Responsibility (CR) Performance Report for 2016. This year’s report provides even more context on the company’s CR performance, as well as views and comments on trends and challenges within the healthcare industry.
This is the fourth consecutive year Novartis has published an annual CR Performance Report. In 2016, we again structured our report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 guidelines, with disclosure at “comprehensive” level.
In 2016, Novartis improved its standing in several key corporate responsibility rankings. This includes the Access to Medicine Index, where Novartis ranked #3, up from fourth in 2014 and seventh in 2012, and we received an A- rating and were recognized among category leaders in healthcare in the 2016 CDP Climate Score.
Highlights of Novartis CR achievements in 2016 include:
• Provided medicine to approximately 52 million patients through access programs, as well as health education, infrastructure development and other programs to another 17 million people worldwide
• Delivered more than 120 000 Novartis Access treatments for chronic diseases to Kenya, Lebanon and Ethiopia since program launch, each providing one-month supply of medicine
• Launched SMS for Life 2.0 in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The program uses smartphones and tablet computers to enable local healthcare workers to manage stock levels of treatments and receive training
• Expanded our partnership with Medicines for Malaria Venture for the development of our next-generation antimalarial, KAF156
• Signed a sub-licensing agreement with the Medicines Patent Pool to help produce hepatitis C treatments for developing countries through Sandoz, our generics division
• Conducted 120 pilots for finding new and improved ways of engaging with healthcare professionals
• Trained more than 110 000 Novartis associates worldwide on our Code of Conduct
• Reduced CO2 emissions by 10 000 tons through energy projects
• Started developing an approach to capture, measure and value the positive and negative external economic, environmental and social impacts created by our activities
Download the Novartis 2016 CR Performance Report
Share your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org