MYTILINEOS Holdings S.A.
5-7, Patroklou Street, GR-151 25 Maroussi, Athens, Greece
SILVER medal to MYTILINEOS for its Corporate Social Responsibility
The leading European Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) rating agency, EcoVadis, awarded a silver medal to MYTILINEOS as a reward for its business practices and its commitment to sustainable development.
The EcoVadis rating system (CSR Rating) measures the quality of a company’s Corporate Social Responsibility management system based on its policies, practices and their outcomes. The assessment is made according to 21 criteria, grouped into four thematic units: environment, labor practices and human rights, good business practices and sustainable procurement. The criteria are based on international CSR standards, such as the UN Global Compact principles, the International Labor Organization (ILO) conditions, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, ISO 26000 and the CERES principles. EcoVadis covers 198 categories of suppliers in 155 countries, and it involves more than 150 experienced Corporate Social Responsibility analysts. Since 2007, more than 55,000 companies and 300 industry leaders have joined the EcoVadis assessment platform.
According to the assessment findings, MYTILINEOS is at the top 30% of all companies assessed by EcoVadis. It has also attained noteworthy results per thematic unit, since MYTILINEOS, thanks to its score, managed to rank among the 14% of top suppliers in “Labor Practices - Human Rights” and among the respective 22% of top suppliers in “Environment”.
MYTILINEOS’ commitment to Sustainable Development, as a vital element of its business model, is reflected not only on this specific distinction, but also on the company’s overall operation. In 2018, MYTILINEOS aimed at its further improvement and undertook significant strategic actions, including, indicatively, the following:
- The application, for the first time, of the Corporate Responsibility Diagnosis and Management System: ΜΙΑ (Maturity & Integration Assessment) Tool, one of the CSR Europe assessment tools, in order to evaluate the level of integration and maturity of its corporate responsibility, so that it can improve it in certain fields.
- The first formal assessment of its 147 key suppliers, in Responsible Entrepreneurship issues.
- The implementation, for the 9 the consecutive year, of the formal consultation process with its Social Partners, through the thematic dialogue titled "Developing a Responsible Supply Chain".
- The evaluation of more than 150 requests from several social groups, via its social management platform named “In Practice”.
- The implementation of 22 social actions or programs (at a central level).
- The participation in new investment ESG indicators/platforms such as: ISS Quality Score, THOMPSON Reuters ESG, Arabesque S-RAY & CSR-HUB.
- Moreover, the company renewed its support to the Principles of the United Nations Global Compact concerning the respect and protection of labor and human rights, environmental protection and anti-corruption.
Lastly, MYTILINEOS, by joining the EcoVadis CSR assessment platform, responded directly to the relevant request of its customers, giving them access to its performance and relative reports, which they can be used as a purchasing criterion.